Eurosec CP8L code reset and Check code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend moved into her apartment last year which has a CP8L fitted. I know these are commonly discussed and I’ve read a number of the posts and the manual.

We don’t have the code for the alarm and the alarm shows a Check fault on the panel.

The questions I have, having done some reading:
1. If I reset the code, will this clear the Check fault or allow me to clear with a new code?
2. Being in an apartment building, I’m assuming that pulling power to reset will trigger the alarm?
Are there any scenarios where I wouldn’t be able to disable to alarm bell?
I’m trying to limit noise as a courtesy to other residents.
3. The alarm is around 15 years old so a battery change would be prudent. Should I also replace the fuse/s as preventative maintenance?

Thanks in advance all.

Sponsored Links
No need to replace the fuses unless they are blown , I would check the battery output from the panel (around 13.8 v DC ) it could be engineer locked

If the sounder is accessible you can stuff some rags in to muffle the sound whilst you have a play.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back