Eurosec CP8L Factory Reset Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to not having the engineer code, I have factory reset my alarm panel which has defaulted the engineers code back to 1234 and user code back to 5678

However i'm unable to fully enter the engineers menu to program

When i put the engineer code 1234 it says SET Engineer?

I press NO which should take it through the engineer settings, however it just beeps once and stays says at SET Engineer?

The keypad also beeps randomly as if its in walk test mode (4 short beeps)

Any idea on what i can do?

Sponsored Links
hello, i have set my system almost 15 years ago and could remember that i should add twice my code to access the option to configure my zone.
now adding my password it still say : SET ENGINEER and when i push yes the alarm get on Set, adding a second time my code get me back on unset.
i can use the default pass 5678 but it does not allow me to "highlight" the program zone.
Any thought ?

Rgds

Ludo

Sponsored Links
No you start to set with USER code then cancel it with ENGINEER code before it sets ….now put in engineer code to enter programming

Hello, unfortunately it does not work
When I set with the master code 5678 I can't then unset with my code. My code which I never changed was the code I always used to set the alarm and to get in the menu. When I use my code I got on the keyboard screen Set engineer. Can I conclude my code is also the engineer code?
So my user code is my engineer code..

Just tried 1234 but it's not a valid code. When using 5678 it says set user 1. When I click X (no) I get in the menu but program zone is not there.
When I click yes, then it set the alarm.

When using my pass, it says set engineer, when I click X nothing happen, when I click yes, then it set the alarm....

Maybe my module is locked :(

You said it came up set engineer ! Now your saying it says set user 1 ….which one is it ?

With the code standard 5678 it said set user 1.
With my own code it said set engineer.
I'm almost 100% sur that in the past when I click twice time my own code then I access the configuration zone.

Enter 5678 set system yes … system starts to set ….now enter YOUR CODE which is the engineer code to turn it off , now enter YOUR CODE again ….set system , no , no , ect to get to select option ….to get to programming ….

Hoooo, it work!!! Haha thank you very much Dont know how many times I have tried....

With all this I was looking to upgrade my system to a newest one ( I need to add wireless sensor on my Windows) I saw the eurosec cpx model, looks like I may just #plug and play # the existing wires and able to add 8 wireless sensor. Have you some experiance with this cpx model?

Once more thank you so far for your help.

It’s quite old design now based around the gardtec 593 panel ….not sure if it’s still available…..note the cpl keypad is not compatible with the cpx …it may look the same but it’s not !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back