Eurosec CP8L keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above keypad installed however many numbers do not respond to being pressed, despite changing our pin to suit the numbers available. Now the numbers do not respond at all. I trust if I was to remove the fixing screw a tamper would be sounded, as I am unable to key in our code how do I go about either cleaning the rubber mat/contacts and/or replace without system going into full alarm!!! Any help please?

Sponsored Links
If you firmly press in you code does it respond then?
You could try and clean the keypad membrane rubber buttons but this will require you to take the cover off and it will set off the tamper for the keypad.
How old is the keypad ?
Could buy a new keypad to replace old unit as these can be purchased separately

Step one remove keypad , take out membrane, clean carbon blobs with meths and cotton bud ( try to remove any "shine" on the mat normally the code you use , dry on paper towel , put back together and try code , this can last , weeks , months , years ! If playing up after months replace keypad

Thanks but when I remove the keypad will that not set off a tamper alarm and if so I am unable to put code in as the dam buttons don't respond!!!

Sponsored Links
Do you get a bleep when you press a button ?
If you take the keypad off the wall ,yes it will set off the alarm,internally only
But if your code does not work then you will not stop the internal sounder.

yes, buttons don't do anything, want to know when I take screw out tamper will go off and as I can't press code and the full alarm goes how do I stop this allowing me to change/clean something?

Firmly press your code number in.if does not start to set then I would suggest you replace the keypad.

sparkymarka

Reading some of your previous post answers wonder if you could help?
I have a eurosec CP8L keypad that doesn't respond to any number being pressed, used to but despite changing codes it won't respond to keys being pressed, my dilemma is when I come to remove the screw to take keypad off then this will sound a tamper, as I am unable to press a code in what do I do when it then goes into full alarm, do I just carry on try cleaning rubber mat and when replaced will pressing the code in just reset the system? Thanks in advance of your

It's the same risk that I would have to take ....worst case is the internal speaker would have to be disconnected ( if fitted ) and the 12+ wire from the keypad if the mat cleaning fails! Then order new keypad
Only other issue would be if it's been engineer locked and tamper engineer reset enabled, but there is no way of knowing ,if it's not working anyway you have nothing to lose on that issue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back