eurosec cp8l lcd dirty keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Eurosec alarm keypad is getting dirty. I've changed the code, but now one digit and the "quick" button are again becoming non-responsive. I've been told I can clean the keypad interior but not sure how to begin.

Would I turn off electricity at the mains, -is that sufficient? - and can I reach pad to clean it just by unscrewing top cover?
If pad is worn out, can I just replace that or would I have to get the whole control panel? and if so, does that mean a qualified electrician? (As my knowledge of electrics is zilch, a bit like my bank account)

Thanks in advance for reply.

Sponsored Links
no its 12v only remove centre screw on keypad it will go off in tamper enter code to stop, on the back of the pcb there are two screws if i remember correct. remove take keypad apart clean back of rubber mat and re assemble. worst case is a new keypad only.

...and run over the circuit board, where the keys press, with a rubber (eraser). Then blow out the crumbs and wipe with something clean and lint-free.

Now re-assemble...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back