eurosec help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

So long story cut short, I moved to a new house recently but I didn’t know the code to the eurosec alarm installed there, and neither did the owner before me. I pressed some random numbers on the pad and the siren started off.

It was 11.00PM and this was a densely populated residential area, so imagine how shocked I was!

I tried various ways outside the house, worrying that neighbours might come out and shout at me. After about 20 minutes the alarm stopped. Just as I was amazed and relieved, it started again. I panicked, went into the house, and entered 5678 out of desperation.

Then the alarm stopped!! But I must have entered that cod zillions of times when the alarm was on!!

I am still not sure why but I have not been brave enough to touch the pad again since then.

My theory is that after a predetermined period of time, say 20 minutes, the assumption is that someone will legally enter the house, and the alarm allows him or her to stop it with the master code.

My question is: at this stage will the alarm allow me to reset using the master code, given that I still don’t know the user code?

Any advice is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
5678 is the master user 1 factory default code.
User manual online to tell you how to change code..

Thanks @Handymanjo for your reply.

I am a bit puzzled as whether 5678 is a valid master code for this particular alarm, because I understand that it could have be changed by the previous owner(s) and not changed back when they sold. If this code is indeed valid, it is confusing why it didn't work initially (when the alarm first went off); if it is not, then it is weird why it worked after about 20 minutes and after the alarm paused and then restarted.

I see that the manual says that to set a new user code I need to enter the master code followed by X ('No'), but I am scared and not sure if I should try that again.

Any opinions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back