eurosec/risco cpx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed this control panel but not sure if the wiring for PIR is correct, there are 8 zones on the panel and one tamper. I have got 6 PIR's only and I have connected one pair from 6 pir to 6 zones on the panel and connected the tamper from 6 pir in series to the tamper connection on the panel. my question is should I leave the 2 unused zones as there are(there are no cables there) or short them? I am assuming I am using a global tamper but is there a way I can connect the tamper in a way where I can find out which PIR is giving tamper fault but at the same time leaving the alarm zone connections as they are?

has anyone got a engineer manual for CPX?

thanks

Sponsored Links
assuming the IS the same as the 490X

closed circuit wiring - 8 zone comman tamper

EOL wiring - 9 zone with individual tamper

follow the diagram in the manual

thanks for the quick reply.I have used the 2 wire option and shorted the unused zones and it seems to be working. I am now programing the panel but not sure which zone type to select for loung and other areas as there seems to be quite a few to choose from (alert, 24, monitor, ext/en etc) I tried monitor and everynow it will trigger so I think the zone type is wrong, can someone please help me with what they mean (I know what 24 hrs is for sure)

thanks

All zones should be 12hr meaning active when set apart from any dectector violated upon entry which should be set as Entry for first dection point ie door contact and then Access for a PIR in the Hallway(if fitted)

Sponsored Links
Hi, did you ever get your hands on a Engineers Manual for the CPX? I am struggling with an install and I have a list of questions I need answering. Cheers. Marco

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back