Eurozone in trouble.

I wasn't aware that the common currency experiment was a success. Without closer political union, the Euro is doomed to fail, and there doesn't appear to be much appetite for closer political union.

You make a good point. The Euro does have a fundamental problem -the disjunction betewwn eurozone responsibility for policy with national political accountability is an ongoing problem.

I dont see much evidence it is doomed to failure though, I see that as Brexit rhetoric.

It is more likely that the Euro to doomed to succeed - ie it will continue not as a great success but it will continue because its survival is based on consequences of
the alternative.

Today, a higher proportion of the adult population is economically active than in the US. Unemployment rates are also declining, even in the most crisis-hit countries. The euro has forced important reforms. All this is significant

Lets not forget the euro has forced important reforms, a higher proportion of the adult population is economically active than the US and even in the worst hit Euro countries unemployment rates are falling

Brexiteers wouldnt want the economic damage of a Euro collapse, London does around 1 trillion Euro trades every day.

And no, Eurozone flaws does not justify the UK leaving the EU.

Sponsored Links
but it will continue because its survival is based on consequences of
the alternative.
Translation...Tiz a crok of sht but the alternative might be worse because EU has ballsed up everyones currency and trade

Lets not forget the euro has forced important reforms, a higher proportion of the adult population is economically active than the US and even in the worst hit Euro countries unemployment rates are falling

Brexiteers wouldnt want the economic damage of a Euro collapse, London does around 1 trillion Euro trades every day.

And no, Eurozone flaws does not justify the UK leaving the EU.
We left JIT before the Lisbon Treaty capers

Apparently Angela has spoken to Boris today about his ridiculous demands, and says there can't be agreement to them

Buffon claims that despite the law he will leave on 31st deal or no deal.

I wonder what effect the prospects of Buffoon's imminent no deal are having.

Screenshot_2019-10-08 GBPUSD FX Cross Rate - compare foreign exchange rates – FT com.png

Screenshot_2019-10-08 GBPEUR FX Cross Rate - compare foreign exchange rates – FT com.png

Well.

Who could have seen that coming?

Sponsored Links
Translation...Tiz a crok of sht but the alternative might be worse because EU has ballsed up everyones currency and trade
Certainly the alternative to EU membership is a crock of sht.

Oh heres a great idea lets keave with no deal and trade under WTO rules.
Red tape cost a mere £15b per year.
Less control
Loss of regulations
More difficult to trade with EU.

But dp has his dumb mates down the pub to keep happy :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back