Evacuation of High Rise Flats

What would you do

• Total voters
In a panic sometimes you do not evaluate solutions as you would with a clearer mind.

Sponsored Links
Have you done much abseiling?
Do you have a climbing harness?
Have you ever used one?
Do you know of any additional 'bits of kit' to improve the use of harnesses?
BTW, wire rope is not used for abseiling. :rolleyes:
Would you be in a position to instruct and guarantee the safety of your family (including small children) and any guests that may stay over?[/QUOTE.At grenfell I think all sides were well ablaze too

That would require that your neighbours were willing to let you into their flat and open a window. Amd then there are wannabediy's comments about abeiling to consider.

https://skysaver.com/rescuebackpacks.html

I met a chap who had use something like that in an evacuation trial back in the 1990's. he suffered from a lot of bruising and abrasions as he bunped down the side of the building.
I Would settle for that over dieing

To all you double guessing no idea ignoramuses, inspectors found over 1000 fire doors had been removed by tenants, that's why there was an immediate fire risk and consequent evacuation.

Sponsored Links
To all you double guessing no idea ignoramuses, inspectors found over 1000 fire doors had been removed by tenants, that's why there was an immediate fire risk and consequent evacuation.

Why did the tenants remove the fire doors?

Did you make that up, or find it on some reputable news source? Or a disreputable one? Show us.
Probably someone who is allowed multiple usernames without question. Something that I have been accused of so many times as a diversion to the real discussion.

This forum is becoming more obscene by the day due to its allowance to biased and disgusting comments!
Yet it stifles and deletes genuine counter arguments.

thanks

"“There were problems with gas pipe insulation. There were stairways that were not accessible. There were breaches of internal walls, and, most astonishingly, there were hundreds, literally hundreds of fire doors missing. "

"I can inform the House that, as of midday today, the cladding from 75 high-rise buildings in 26 local authority areas has failed the combustibility test."

"all samples of cladding tested have failed"

I wonder why mwatson was so selective

Does the evidence state that the fire doors were removed by tenants? I can't see that bit.

• Ms Karen Buck (Westminster North) (Lab)

Share this contribution

Approximately one in three properties in Westminster towers are leaseholds and I am sure the same is true for other blocks. Does the Secretary of State have the power to require leaseholders to install fire doors and other internal fire safety measures? If not, what is he going to do about it and who is going to pay?

• Sajid Javid

Share this contribution

The hon. Lady raises a very important point. This is often the case, although not exclusively. Many leaseholders have removed fire doors, which is clearly not acceptable. I believe that all the legal powers are in place. Certainly, one of the lessons of this tragedy—this is certainly what we have seen in Camden—is to make sure we take a much greater interest in enforcement.

"Many leaseholders have removed fire doors"

so the assumption is that unlike the numerous defects caused by the landlords, in the case of fire doors, it's all the tenants' fault? That isn't what he actually said.

Sponsored Links
Back