EVEN WITH NEW BOILER 24i PROBLEM IS THE SAME

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have worcester 24i fitted about 2 yrs ago worked fine now when turn the hot water tap on fires up but cuts off after 20 sec while the water is still running, does the same on CH i replaced the pcb ,air p switch,thermistors,but problem is the same,pump runs elec there.
Now i changed the boiler but the problem is the same how can this happend is it something to do with the gas supply?Is it the low gas pressure?

Sponsored Links
Max5 said:
I have worcester 24i fitted about 2 yrs ago worked fine now when turn the hot water tap on fires up but cuts off after 20 sec while the water is still running, does the same on CH i replaced the pcb ,air p switch,thermistors,but problem is the same,pump runs elec there.
Now i changed the boiler but the problem is the same how can this happend is it something to do with the gas supply?Is it the low gas pressure?

Better move, it's the only thing you haven't changed

Alternatively you could look to see if you have a blockage in the primary circuit which isn't letting the heat get out of the heat exchanger quickly enough to stop it going into overheat

I can't help thinking that it would have been much cheaper for you to have called a professional boiler engineer to identify the fault rather than changing so many costly parts and then the ultimate spend, a NEW BOILER !!!.

Within our local area, we would have identified the real fault for an £84 fixed fee, whereas you seem to have spent at least £1000 !!!

As implied above, it may just be a reversed polarity on the mains supply cable!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Does sound like someone has got the circuit which feeds the boiler on wrong polarity. Of course if said person was part p qualified he would have checked polarity both when he did his ring continuity test and during his final functional checks. The properly qualified person who fitted the new boiler would have also put his £700 test equipment on the supply to ensure it was a good one before proceeding to use it.

May ALLAH bless you guys solve my boiler problem it was running on wrong polarity as i changed it working fine.THANK YOU VERY MUCH SAVED ME FROM COLD, GOD BLESS YOU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back