Event log

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi got a galaxy flex 20
Dose enyone know how to clear the event log as mine is showing full
Allan

Sponsored Links
Hi Allen, did you get a reply on this one? I just got the same warning and in the installer manual there are no instructions how to wipe/reset it. If anyone knows if you can do it on RSS maybe, please let me know the steps?

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230916_105040_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230916_105040_Messages.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 33
Sorry just to clarify, I mean erase or delete in full the event log, so it can start filling up from zero again.

So reading further into this, seems the log cannot be cleared (in fact there seems to be some kind of EU rule/regulation that stipulates this). It is probably that it could be used as evidence in a criminal case, hence there is no option for someone to wipe it and in essence destroy evidence. What I believe happens is once the log is full, the panel will overwrite the oldest logged event with the new event, and so on. So there is no need to be concerned about running out of log memory. I assume the panel just warns you at 90% and then possibly 100%, so you are aware the old events are going to start being overwritten and therefore lost.

Sponsored Links
That's correct. The only way to clear the log on the Flex would be a cold start and reprogram, but as it simply flushes the oldest events, there's no need to do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back