EVO HE BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there please help if you can, I have just moved into a old house which has a evo he boiler I presume it’s combi.. The only things on it are a switch that is on/off and 2 dials 1 for hot water and 1 for radiators which twist round from min to max,I don’t know if I am doing something wrong but when I have a bath I turn the dial for the hot water to max and run the water it takes bloody ages for warm water to come out and I can fill the bath and still put my hand under the tap. I don’t put any cold water in as it ain’t to hot that it scolds my balls. So surely that can’t be right. If I then turn the tap off for 2 to 3 mins then top up the water it comes out scalding for about 3 seconds then it is kin freezing making the old warm water cold. This is doing my head in surely the boiler can’t be that ****. Please help. Maybe it is a **** system but I need help as it is ****ing me off.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Turn the flow rate down at the tap...budget combis will only provide bath water temperature at around 9 litres/min...higher spec combis maybe 14 or 15 litres/min.
With some traditional bath taps open the tap more than an 1/8 turn and the flowrate is too much and the combi can't heat the water sufficiently.

Ive just done a google search,and it appears these are made by Ideal boilers and if you have the 24kw model, then at a 35deg temp rise provides 9.6 litres per minute

Sponsored Links
ok guys I’ll give this ago. I guess the old owner wasn’t gonna pay out loads for a new boiler he was having installed knowing he was moving out. I’ll open the tap less. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back