Evolution Rage 5 with diamond blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anyone please advise if I can fit a 225mm diamond blade to my rage 5 table saw in order to cut 20mm porcelain slabs?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Haven't got a clue but suspect no as you will need a wet cut saw but purely a guess??

I think the blades cut dry so that should be ok.

Two things to check:
1. Evolution use an unusual arbour size - will it fit?

2. Evolution blades run at mich lower rpm than other manufacturers. Check max blade rpm against the saw rated rpm.

Thanks. It’s an evolution blade so I guess it should be fine then. Is just all the information about the ble talks about fitting it to a mitre saw. No mention of a table saw. But the dimensions are the same.

Sponsored Links
general comments table saw rip blade along the grain chop/slide/mitre saw across the grain so in general different teeth /set up /off set off teeth now important on wood other materials -----:unsure:

Wouldn't there be a danger using a table saw to cut tiles?
The table top tile saws I have seen cut from above the tile, whereas a table saw, (i.e. circular saw blade sank into a table), cut from underneath. I'm wondering if this may cause the tile to crack/shatter as it cuts through the clay section into the top porcelain finish.

a table saw is a similar concept to a electric tile saw so I imagine it would work if the diamond blade fits and is cut slow, but don't take my word for it. A bigger concern is the copious amounts of crystalline silica dust the table saw would kick up cutting porcelain slabs, which is very bad for the lungs. It should really be wet cut.

I've had success Battipav tile cutter on 20mm tiles before, something similar might be a safer option

Last edited:
Update.
I decided to go ahead and fit a diamond blade to my table saw and have a go at cutting the slabs. As it happened, one of the slabs was damaged on delivery so I used that as a test piece. It’s not perfect but also not too bad either. There is some small chipping but I I used a grinder to smooth these out. The cut edges will all bordered with stones anyway so shouldn’t really be seen.

Attachments

• 2CC8E59E-5C00-4862-BFB0-7A0E1CFFA645.jpeg
    2CC8E59E-5C00-4862-BFB0-7A0E1CFFA645.jpeg
    605.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 287FF527-3AE8-46FF-A905-1472A3937C0D.jpeg
    287FF527-3AE8-46FF-A905-1472A3937C0D.jpeg
    640.5 KB · Views: 52
Looks good, I think a some small chipping is unavoidable no matter the method. Generally not that noticeable once it's been grouted.

I would have thought stones would cause further chipping or scratches to porcelain, especially if it's a traffic area, although I've only used porcelain wall tiles. Presumably floor slabs are different?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back