Example Plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

Just on the off chance anyone knows how to get hold of a (preferably few dozen) building control plans. Obviously residential and preferably for single storey extensions.

Planning permission plans are dead easy via any council website but BC plans seem very hard to get.

I'm ok paying a small amount to some site if I can download a good number.

Sponsored Links
Ask an architect for examples of their work.

Out of curiosity why do you want them?

Do you expect some folk on here who who've either drawn or paid for their own drawings to upload them here for free? You can just look on google, there are no doubt some examples of BR drawings.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I'm an entitled barsteward who expected everyone to drop what they are doing and give me their plans......

For goodness sake, I just asked if anyone knew of a site or way to obtain some. Doesn't mean I _expect_ anything. I know the site is getting slow these days but no need to attack me just for asking !

I'm interested to know why you want them? I have no axe to grind. Of the few I've seen a lot of the content seems to be cut and paste. Some people seem to just submit the full plans for their planning application so I've seen a few that way on the planning portal.

Hi. Thanks for the tip - I'll be on the lookout for that.

I've never understood why certain trades (or professions as some like to be known) don't like it if someone tries to do their job. I'm always flattered when someone tries to do what I've been doing for 30 years and will happily help if I've the time to write a few words. Obviously they wouldn't do the job as well but no problem if someone wants to give it a go. Given the name, I thought that was what this forum is ultimately about.

Imparting knowledge, eg a carpenter describing how to cut a rebate for a hinge is different to posting copies of drawings isn't it?

So its not possible it seems ?
To some extent, BC drawings aren't generally available, because they aren't free to view, in the same way planning drawings are.

Here's an example quote from a LA:

Screenshot_20230316-194139_Chrome.jpg

Both building control and planning drawings may be protected by copyright; but due to the extra protection on BC drawings, there just isn't any incentive to publish them externally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back