excel starter 2010

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can add a comment in the excel starter 2010 spreadsheet. Just got new laptop with windows 7 and have done the usual right click and add comments but add comments/ edit comments is not an option when right clicking. Help on f1 is no use either.
TIA

Sponsored Links
Someone may correct me, but I believe that function isn't available in that version.

Edit.

I found this which confirms the above.

I found a way.

I use a document to record sales, and the comment feature was really useful to me, so the lack of it in the Excel starter version on my new laptop was a real drag.

But I found a way:

1 - using a document from an older version or full version of excel, put a blank comment into a cell.

2 - Open that document and copy the cell, then paste the cell wherever else you want it.

You can now right click and show/hide and edit comment to your hearts content.

I leave a blank cell with a blank comment in it at the bottom of the document so I can copy and past it whenever I need.

It works fine.

Pity Microsoft took away this useful feature, but I suppose they want us all to buy the full version.

This works for me anyway, hope it helps.

Johnny.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply and the handy tip. It works very well, you have saved me a few quid.

Back