Excess gas pressure damaged boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is not a DIY disaster, but it is a disaster and I have no idea where else to look for advice.

I look after the building repairs on a church. Last week I got the annual gas safety check done and the gas safe engineer found the pressure was about twice what it should be. He disconnected the supply and commented that the high pressure has damaged the boiler.

I got onto British Gas who sent someone out who changed the regulator, so pressure is back to normal.

My question is there any way that British Gas are responsible for the damage to the boiler as their regulator failed? Are they likely to pay for repairs?

Sponsored Links
Are we talking water pressure or gas?

In what way has he said it has damaged the boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks gas112
I hope this shows enough information

Attachments

• 20221017_114513.jpg
    20221017_114513.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20221017_114546.jpg
    20221017_114546.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 62
Over gassing may well have damaged the blast tube on the burner, or the excess heat may have damaged the electrodes or probes. Everything should be repairable, and if the burner is obsolete, then it can be replaced with a new model quite easily. Your engineer is the one to answer your queries and there would be no reason why you should not get a 2nd opinion from another suitably registered engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back