Loss of gas pressure at boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem in that the gas pressure at the boiler is about 14 (verified by three different engineers from Ideal) and the gas pressure at the street meter is about 20 (verified twice by Transco) As a result the boiler cuts out. This is a new problem. It was fine all winter when demand for gas was high.

Transco say there is nothing they can do - they have checked the governor and its ok apparently. The boiler repair men say they can do nothing as the boiler is ok. They get it going and then it cuts out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the boiler is working fine , then ideal are not going to be interested to be quite honest. you're losing pressure across the gas carcass , probably not a leak or they would of picked it up , it could be due to a number of reasons , poor pipe sizing etc etc , you need to get an rgi in to look specifically at this problem

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean but just wondering how this problem can suddenly occur when everything was OK all winter and the past few years?

You dont say why these Ideal engineers suddenly started to look at your boiler.

There are several causes of reduced pressure. undersized piping, blockages etc.

Unfortunately you have not called an independent who can deal with all aspects of a gas supply. Ideal engineers only look at boilers!

You need someone who can consider whats between the meter and the boiler!

Tony

I know what you mean but just wondering how this problem can suddenly occur when everything was OK all winter and the past few years?
Logic dictates that it was never right, but a case of straw and camel's back.
How far is the boiler from the meter if you had to run a piece of string in a logical route? What size is the gaspipe wherever you can see it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back