Gas pressure @ boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. Have a friend in need, beyond my scope so advice would be appreciated as far as possible.

They had a gas leak in the property on wednesday, National Grid came out, traced and rectified the leak adjacent to outlet side of the meter. Guy obviously put pressure test on the system, gas pressure in the property after the governor was I believe 14mb. He replaced the governor whilst there, I assume that should now be giving the correct 20mb pressure in the system.

Ive has a text tonight, saying the boiler is getting really hot, is there a control on the boiler for the gas pressure? Boiler is a Worcester 9.24 electronic, I would imagine now the gas pressure at the boiler is higher, it'll be burning more fiercely, hence getting hotter. Whilst I am sure there will be some adjustment on the gas valve it is beyond my remit to touch it.

I have told him they'll need a gas engineer who understands boilers to deal with it, but he's curious to know what he should expect to be done and rough idea as to cost. I presume gas pressure settings at boiler setting, if anyone could advise on anything else need checking i'd be grateful?

If anyone in NN10 area could help please let me know, otherwise its either Worcester or the Yellow pages! Cheers!

Sponsored Links
would suggest getting a service as RGI can test meter pressure,
inlet pressure to boiler and set up burner pressure

the burner pressure adjust is normally sealed with a plastic cover

meter 21mb
inlet 20mb
BP ratings are shown on data badge

average price for service in this area £50 - £65 (we charge £57)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back