Vaillant gas pressures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
During commissioning a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 boiler I measured the gas pressures which were 18 mbar at the meter and 14 mbar at the boiler gas valve, with the boiler at max load. The Vaillant manual says that the minimum gas pressures should be 19 mbar at the meter, and 15 mbar at the gas valve.

Questions:

1. Is 14 mbar at the boiler OK, or should I upsize the pipework from existing 22mm to 28mm?

2. Should I notify the gas company that the pressure when the gas is flowing is below 19 mbar (as suggested in Vaillant manual) The standing pressure at the meter is 28 mbar.

Cheers. :p

Sponsored Links
You registered? If so should be in the CC although you shouldn't need to ask these questions at all...isn't ACS wonderful :)

you need to speak to national grid, but you should know this!

also you need to put the gas supply under worse case scenario ie boiler cooker fire when testing at the gas meter.

Sponsored Links
you need to speak to national grid, but you should know this!

he needs to speak to his local ACS centre :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

walksmil.gif

The op has not come back with further questions. That shows he has found the solution himself. That in turn proves that he actually is a proper rgi.
You guys owe him an apology.

The op has not come back with further questions. That shows he has found the solution himself. That in turn proves that he actually is a proper rgi.
You guys owe him an apology.

Do what :rolleyes: I'll apologise to no one. If he's registered then I'd have him out the industry double quick but I must remind myself that these half wits provide me with plenty of remedial work :D

Very true Gasguru, but you have to remember these half wits are the future of our industry. :LOL:

God forbid :cry:

Very true Gasguru, but you have to remember these half wits are the future of our industry. :LOL:

I came to the same conclusion, and decided to change my business completely. I had build up a good name for high end installations/replacements, but am leaving that side for what it is. My advertising and website are entirely geared towards repairs/remedial, as these numb-nuts can't undercut me in that area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back