Existing loft conversion, do I still have allowance for permitted development?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm looking for advice as cant seem to find the answer easily. I know I have permitted development for doing a single storey 3m extension at the back of our detached house and can even make it far bigger if we wanted. However we did a loft conversion 2 years ago, and seem to remember that this takes some of your permitted development allowance away?

Can anyone advise if this is true?

Many thanks

Sean

Sponsored Links
Yes you have a set permitted amount of new roof volume, so it impacts on new roof volume or dormer volume and is cumulative.

@ Woods: I'd disagree there;
there are appeal cases on Planning Jungle in which inspectors have determined that a roof enlargement under class B (eg dormer) is separate from the roof of a class A extension (assuming the dormer and the roof of the extension are not in physical contact).

(If the roof enlargements join, which they might do with a side extension or an extension to a bungalow, then 50m³ is the limit for both combined)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back