Existing outdoor lighting help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have some old existing outdoor decking lights that I want to replace. I am planning to use the existing transformer & cable to save digging up the garden to replace it but am slightly confused by the wiring. I can see the cable coming out of the transformer and going underground (note there is only one cable) I then have a switch at the end of the garden that has the lights connected and TWO cables so what I want to know is what would be the setup here & where would the 2nd cable have come from or go to?

So just to clarify in the switch there is 4 cables (two for the lights and two others for power) but I only have one coming from the transformer?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There's another junction box, somewhere,

You'll need to trace where the wires from the switch and the transformer(s) meet up.

Take a photo of the wiring at the back of that switch and post it on here,

Probably not something that can be solved on an internet forum. It needs someone to crawl round your garden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back