Exp/Vessel Vaillant turbomax 824E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Thanks for this great forum, followed some advice in another Vaillant thread I found earlier. My 'in laws' need a new expansion vessel, the water spewing out of it into my bike pump was a bit of a giveaway..
I was hoping somebody could tell me the process for changing said vessel, it looks like it might be:

drain system

unscrew connection/union under vessel (special tool needed?)

Lift out from top - hopefully

refit being opposite, have I missed something? If it has to come off the wall a pro is needed

Sponsored Links
Easier to fit an external one somewhere else like a cupboard!

Tony

Assuming it's not a rear exit flue...in which case it's not diy.

Ah, yes the flue is rear exit but with an elbow from the top, so probably would need disturbing, Thanks for pointing that out. I'll check the measurement and see if it could squeeze past (unless you happen to know it won't of course!..

Sponsored Links
Easier to fit an external one somewhere else like a cupboard!

Tony

The boiler is in a cupboard, I guess I could hook one up alongside, would be loads cheaper too, thanks for the suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back