expanding filler? (something more solid than foam?)

18 Oct 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm looking for an expanding filler that sets fairly solid - more so than expanding foam?
I'm trying to fit a mixer bar shower to a plasterboard wall that is dot and dabbed to block work.
I'm installing it with exposed pipework, and I'm slightly concerned about how robust it would be if I simply fixed to the tiles/plasterboard with a cavity fixing.
I'm planning to drill and fix through into the block work, but then I'm worried about damaging the tiles/plasterboard by over-tightening the fixings.
Ideally I'd be able to drill the holes for the fixings, and squirt some sort of filler into the holes to fill the void between the plasterboard and the block work, preventing me damaging the tiles etc by over-tightening.
I'm not aware of any such product, so I thought I'd ask!
thank you
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local