Expanding Foam Gun Part Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Within the threaded basket, there is a piece of plastic with a hole in the middle. Is that known as the inlet valve? I have disassembled my gun as it wasn't working and can see at some point I stuck something into the piece of plastic after not taking proper care of it after use.

I need to know what the piece of plastic is called in the hope that I can replace that specific part.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Within the threaded basket, there is a piece of plastic with a hole in the middle. Is that known as the inlet valve? I have disassembled my gun as it wasn't working and can see at some point I stuck something into the piece of plastic after not taking proper care of it after use.

I need to know what the piece of plastic is called in the hope that I can replace that specific part.

Thanks.

Photos would be useful. The brand of gun will help as well.

There are lots of youtube videos that will show you how to take your gun apart.

Sponsored Links
I've already disassembled the gun, it was easy.

The plastic bead type bit that I am referring to was so broken that it wouldn't have have shown as anything useful in a picture. It was a white piece of plastic with a hole through it, a bit like a bead but a softer material.

I think I bought it from eBay, it wasn't a cheap one though.

I do have another one that I use now, but it's helpful to have two and I like to fix things when it's possible.

omg, I spent a tedious hour yesterday cleaning foam out of mine. what a mess. There were no plastic parts though, all metal. There may have been a little o ring.
I'm never ever going to let this happen again.

Yeah, been there and done that! That's why I took it apart. Problem is, the o ring (presumably the bit that makes contact with the can once screwed into the basket) was damaged when I tried to unblock it, I tried to free it up with something long and sharp.

If you unscrew the basket from the gun, there should be a crew thing underneath that can be removed using a large screwdriver and within that space is the bit I am talking about.

the one I have is like this.
He takes a plastic bit out at 7:15. I can't imagine it is available as a spare part.

I do have another one that I use now, but it's helpful to have two and I like to fix things when it's possible.

I only have two cheap guns but on my current job (painting a hallway in a Victorian house) I have used 4 cans so far just locking skirting boards and stair strings via small holes drilled through the timber to lock the timber in place before filling the top of the skirtings.

I now realise that I should buy a better quality gun (or two). I do however like the ones that have the tapered nozzle that will fit in to a 2-3mm hole.

the one I have is like this.
He takes a plastic bit out at 7:15. I can't imagine it is available as a spare part.
I think that's the same bit, it's not shown for very long. It shouldn't be too difficult to source I would have thought, surely it's a standard size/shape/material with a hole in it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back