Expanding foam gun problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have put a new can of foam on my gun just now. The gun was out of use for a while so fully cleaned out.

The new can went on fine, but when I try to 'fire' it, I get a bit of air but no foam.

So it doesn't seem like the gun is blocked, I don't think.

Before I remove the can again and create a giant mess, can anyone suggest anything, or confirm if it's likely a bad can?

It's Fischer foam.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You are using with the can upside down, and you did shake it well before trying it?

Yes I am.

Think I worked it out now, despite cleaning it with cleaner when I took the can off a few weeks back, there was still sticky gunk inside when I stripped it. Cleaned it out and it works, but constantly leaks a bit, so the 'pin' seems to not be fully clear. New gun is £13.50 so I'll just get a new one rather than mess about trying to clean any more!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You should be able to remove the can without the foam coming out. I had to strip mine down recently to clean the needle and nozzle. It still wouldn't work I then noticed that the ball bearing had stuck so I used the needle to free it. Now works as before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back