Foam Gun Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been researching expanding foam guns but reviews of different Brands and models seem to be a little sketchy.
Can anyone recommend a gun based on personal experience over more than a few days of use, what are its better points and whats it that sets it apart from ones that you may have used before?
Thanks
litl

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have used loads from cheapos to expensive and they all eventually fail. I just use ones from the likes of screwfix and just clean them out if foam has been left in for more than a couple of days. seams to significantly prolong the life . But even doing that they eventually fail

I've used at length a Faithful one @ £13, and a Fischer one @ £25. As good as each other, so may as well go for the Faithful!!

I can't even remember makes of the ones that I've used, but I make sure they can be dismantled for maintenance.

Sponsored Links
The foam can set into a hard lump of plastic even when soaking in acetone so there's a limit to what gun cleaner can do. Keep a can of foam in the gun at all times, unless you're blasting it through with cleaner, in which case give it a blast, wait 5 mins then another blast, then blast some foam through. Always screw the adjuster down closed at the end of a working day. Avoid getting any cured foam (don't remove a foam can and store it for later use) down the hole that foam goes into.. some guns can be disassembled for maintenance, though with careful use and regular cleaning you should get enough out of a fifteen quid gun to last you several years, at which point the time required to do a strip down and clean up is beyond he cost of a new gun

Well I ended up buying a cheap one from B & ? today . It cost £6 after Trade Point discount, looks virtually the same as a "Bond-it" one and it strips down for cleaning so couldn't leave it there for that price.
litl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back