Recommendation for foam applicator gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Title says it all really, looking for a decent foam applicator gun, can anyone offer recommendation on a quality unit?

Sponsored Links
The daddy of them all has got to be the Hilti CF DS-1 S 700, but at c.£90 incl. VAT so it should be! Almost all the other guns I've seen or used seem to be generics (and Italian made, too), based on 2 or maybe 3 similar designs. The thing about Hilti guns is that you can get replacement needles and gaskets for them - try getting hold of them for other brands. For the rest you should be able to find a reasonable gun (e.g. Spit Ramset, Fischer PUPM3, Everbuild P45, etc) for between £16 and £22. The £23 "Professional" gun from Toolstation is a bit more durable, I've found, but I'm not sure it's really worth paying a premium for it

A simple tip: never remove the foam can unless you replace it immediately and always purge the air out of the gun. Taking the cannister off and cleaning the gun out with cleaner seems to work for me only some of the time. Similarly leaving the solvent in the gun for too long will soften and destroy the gaskets

Bought the Worx "Handy Saw" in 2012. Only been used on light woodwork, laminate flooring, contiboard, in all 4 years. The model was the WX424.
Two weeks ago, in mid cut, it stopped, froze, completely dead ! Contacted Worx they kindly told me I was out of warranty. What a surprise, I don't think !
Took it to a local power tool repair shop in in home town. Two weeks later they said the motor had blown and they can't get spares for Worx tools anywhere. So I rang Worx UK number. Customer service referred me to espares website. No trace of the product there ? Only Worx garden tools !
Tried a couple of other power tool spares sites via Google. Again no trace of any Worx products. As the Worx Customer service person offered no Return to base repair service I must assume there isn't any !?
My view is, if a company is in this market and have no means of buyers getting Worx power tools repaired - STAY AWAY and DONT buy them !

Sponsored Links
Bought the Worx "Handy Saw" in 2012. Only been used on light woodwork, laminate flooring, contiboard, in all 4 years. The model was the WX424.
Two weeks ago, in mid cut, it stopped, froze, completely dead ! Contacted Worx they kindly told me I was out of warranty. What a surprise, I don't think !
Took it to a local power tool repair shop in in home town. Two weeks later they said the motor had blown and they can't get spares for Worx tools anywhere. So I rang Worx UK number. Customer service referred me to espares website. No trace of the product there ? Only Worx garden tools !
Tried a couple of other power tool spares sites via Google. Again no trace of any Worx products. As the Worx Customer service person offered no Return to base repair service I must assume there isn't any !?
My view is, if a company is in this market and have no means of buyers getting Worx power tools repaired - STAY AWAY and DONT buy them !

Does this saw also work as a foam applicator gun?

Oops ! I don't think so . My comments are in the wrong area ! Doh !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back