Recommendations for PU foam and gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am going to be over the next 2 years insulating the beams below our floor as they are draughty.

I will insulate with Celotex, but will need to foam any remaining gaps due to my mis-measurements or warped beams.

It seems a PU foam gun would be best as there will probably be quite a bit of foaming to be done.

Can anyone recommend a decent gun, foam, and a guide to proper cleaning of the gun?

I have only ever used the disposable cans before, but they are messy and hard to control.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
We use the Soudal 'comfort grip' foam. Best non-pro foam gun on the market. Easy to use.

soudal-comfort-expanding-foam.jpg

Get a pro one from Screwfix. Works out much cheaper in the long run. About £23 when I bought mine.

Sponsored Links
Agree with Joe-90, I use carburetor car cleaner to clean after use, dissolves away foam in seconds, the gun stays on the can so no need to clean that unless can is empty and you are not fitting another.[ball bearing in tip of spout allows the gun to be used and stay clean].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back