expansion foam aroud flue terminal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
come across ocaasional flue termination that hasnt been sealed with cement/brick. is expansion foam ok to fill it or is corossive?
thanks

Sponsored Links
don't know if it's corrosive but seen pics of a bloke who filled round a flue and it blew the case off, broke the rivets on a profile. SO BE VERY CAREFUL.

Sponsored Links
I used it once...made a bloody big mess...never again,never again :cry:

The gas given off by the foam as it sets/dries out is flammable. As the boiler came on it sucked the fumes into the boiler and boom. Boiler was wrecked and so was the engineer standing in front of it. It was in a loft and he was lucky not to go through the ceiling.

BG engineer was only doing the customer a favour on a first visit inspection. I think the boiler had to be replaced.

The gas given off by the foam as it sets/dries out is flammable. As the boiler came on it sucked the fumes into the boiler and boom. Boiler was wrecked and so was the engineer standing in front of it. It was in a loft and he was lucky not to go through the ceiling.

BG engineer was only doing the customer a favour on a first visit inspection. I think the boiler had to be replaced.

???? WHAT A LOAD OF ROLLOCKS

Use FIre Foam. Does a perfect job.
Seals, waterproof, fireproof, removable.

we got warned a while back that it is corrosive.

davidre";p="1814775 said:
come across ocaasional flue termination that hasnt been sealed with cement/brick. is expansion foam ok to fill it or is corossive?
thanks[/quote

sand and cement if you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back