Expansion joint in single-delivery concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am laying 50 sq ft of concrete outside, as a heavy-duty shed base and pathway. I will have a sub-base of 3-4" and 3-4" of concrete. I think I need at least one expansion joint in this. I have read how to do this, but every article I have read focuses on laying the concrete in slabs, each of which is allowed to (partially) dry before laying the next slab. My concrete is all coming on a truck and has to be laid in one go. What is the best way to put an expansion joint in this please?

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

Sponsored Links
What are your proportions for the shed base and the pathway? At 50 sq ft you are only looking at 10' by 5' overall so just trying to visualise the layout. Depending on that, you may not need to worry much about a joint.

Oh, dear... :oops:

I actually meant 50 metres square.

The largest area is about 6m X 4m. Most of the rest of it is fairly narrow (one-metre-plus-wide) walkway, but I was concerned about the overall length, which is probably about 14m.

- Patrick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back