Expectations vs reality - conflict?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My headache is with my wife, although it can of course be with any partner or client in fact.
An idea comes into her head but with no concept as to how it can be made into reality.

And then of course it's, "why is it taking so long?; "I don't see what your issue is!"; "let's just buy the stuff and crack on with it!"

Aaaargh!

I get the feeling that she has no concept of programming. That things have to be done in a particular order. That some items are on the critical path and decisions have to be made now and cannot be changed later.

We're sat chatting over a meal yesterday, about our latest project.

"Let's do this!" or; "perhaps we'll have one of these, or maybe these!"

She's so excited. There's a gleam in her eyes with enthusiasm.

I'm just sat there panicking. Every throw-away suggestion I'm thinking to myself, "how is that going to work?", "how the heck do I go about trying to fit that into there?", "if I do this, how does that effect that?, "will I have to remove and redo such & such?"

And then of course, I mention this and there is the rhetoric;
"perhaps we should get a man in"
"If you earned more...."

Aaaargh!
I love her to bits but, oh boy!

Anyone else suffer this?

Sponsored Links
I had one of those. [edit the OP describes]

They are very expensive to run and even more costly to get rid of.

My advice would be to get her involved in the execution of the work, so she can see what has to be done.

The definition of infinity is when a woman says "all I want is .."

Sponsored Links
I had lots of customers whose favourite word was "just".

Can you just do this?

When I gave them the price, they would protest. I would ask them how much they would pay for that job. Which turned out to be a ridiculously low price, more a DIY job price. You can't ask a professional to do a job for the price of amateur work.

It's an easy job, they would say.
If it's so easy, why are you calling me?

If it's just a socket, why can't you do it?

Anyone else suffer this?
About 50% of the population - they are called "men"

My advice would be to get her involved in the execution of the work, so she can see what has to be done.
Now there lies true madness - mine is OCD and wants to clean up every time I produce the smallest bit of dust. I have to ban her from the room whenever I do anything

Can't live with them, can't live without them

My Mum got me to hire a mini skip and clear out all the rubble etc from the under-floor void!

My headache is with my wife, although it can of course be with any partner or client in fact.
An idea comes into her head but with no concept as to how it can be made into reality.

no job is too hard for the woman who doesn't have to do it herself.

About 50% of the population - they are called "men"

Now there lies true madness - mine is OCD and wants to clean up every time I produce the smallest bit of dust. I have to ban her from the room whenever I do anything

Can't live with them, can't live without them

I get asked to do a job. I go to my workshop to get the necessary tools and she goes to the cupboard under the stairs for the vacuum. Actually, she goes and 'selects' one of her vacuums!) :LOL::LOL:

no job is too hard for the woman who doesn't have to do it herself.
I'd have that as my motto - only her indoors would probably crucify me (providing it didn't involve getting a man in ;))

Sponsored Links
Back