Expected life of modern Control Panels/Ext Bell Boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My last control panel (a Bentley Symphony) behaved perfectly for over 20 years. The technology has obvious moved on tremendously since that panel was made but I wondered what the likely life a modern CPs and Bell Boxes is (e.g. Texecom, Honeywell, Scantronic).

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
God you did well for a symphony to last that long! Most modern panels are pretty good don't go for cheap end or compacts as they don't seem to be as good as the the mid range panel.

My last Texecomm Varitas unit lasted about ten years but it was a replacement from an old Optima unit which keyboard had failed.

I ripped out the entire alarm system last year as we kept getting false alarms. The entire system had been expanded by me over the years and the wiring was frankly a mess. I decided the best thing to was to rip the entire lot out and start again but I have no doubt the old control panel was working perfectly.

From my own experience though they tend to last around 15 years but I am only a DIYer, the alarm fitters on here will know a lot more than I do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back