Expensive or not. Load bearing corner wall. 1927 house.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will be going with Building Regs.query is costing for beam and if SE is correct.

As seen in the picture of my house,I would like to merge lean to inside the kitchen and extend out by 2 metre.Walls are solid not cavity. Se has said that I could use 203x102 and build a new pillar in lean to with 7n blocks for the rear wall. This will have another beam running from it to support the side wall.

Another one has said that it is not good to remove the corner wall of house as it will not have any lateral stability. He said it is dooable,but will be very very expensive. He also said that he is biving advice as this is house for life for me.

Who is right. Any opinions please. View media item 82685

Sponsored Links
Can't quite sus exactly what you want to do, but the 2nd SE is wrong. There is nothing amiss in removing the corner; it will be a little more expensive, but certainly not 'very,very' expensive.

View media item 82687
This is the intention. Stud wall for toilet and kitchen 2 metre out and merge lean to inside. Basically corner chunk of side of house(L shape) needs to go.

The floor joists are sittion on the rear wall and parrell to the side wall of house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back