Experience /training in inspection and testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have done my city and guilds in electrical installation , have a bit of practical experience but if i want to work alone will have to be registered and be able to sign off work.
Whats the best way to go about this. I did inspection and testing at college but that was a year or so ago- i could do with a refresher course/ experience.Are NICEIC the best route to take for being registered.
Any invaluable advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
My advice to you would be NAPIT as they are the most helpful and although it costs they are not just about the money :D and get yourself on the 2391 or do the NAPIT course

There are 5 self-certification bodies, NAPIT, NICEIC, ELECSA, BRE and BSI. The all have roughly the same entry requirements but there are some subtle differences between them.

NICEIC and NAPIT (and possibly others, i'm not sure) have their own courses besides the C&Q, NAPIT seem to offer far more variety and allow you to focus on certain aspects...

http://www.napit.org.uk/downloads/Mansfield Training Scedule Jun-Dec 08.pdf

1 Day Completion of Certificates and Reports (NR-CR-1)
4 Day Inspection, Testing & Certification (NA-2391-04)

Could you tell us what the actual qualification you obtained was? It will give us an idea of what else you need to achieve to be accepted.

Davy

i start 2391 on monday but i think you need 17th before you can enroll (but mayb thats just up my way)

also think napit are quite cheap and very helpful they just offered a mate a two day free testing course if he signs with them and i get to go with him - now thats service

Sponsored Links
NAPIT will also let you do the entire 2391 course for free if you are unlucky enough to fail it the first time it is in everybodies interest that you pass

Thanks for info on NAPIT etc. I'll look in to this. I did C & G. 2330 Electrotechnical Certificate in Installation (Buildings and Structures). and 17th edition in July 08.
I definitely could do with training and more knowledge on Inspection and testiing. I want to set up as self- employed domestic work.

In Calderdale area local Building control will inspect and test work for a reasonable fee but in Manchester area building control does not do this. Unless you are registered with NIC etc. then you pay a planning application fee- about 10% of total bill for work and then have to find someone qualified to test and sign off work- but NIC does not allow this i.e a third party to sign off someone elses installation- which is understandable. But basically this means i don't do work or have to somehow get a safety check. but i don't quite know how.
Sorry for rant but it annoyed me.
Is there any other way round turning down this job?

I think you should talk to napit they may let you use this job for your initial assesment and you can certify it through them I am not sure though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back