Own Testing

B

bengee1977

Hi,

Is it possible to take college course(s), like these...

o Wiring Regulations 16th Edition IEE (City & Guilds)
o Electrical Installations, Inspection, Testing & Certification
(City & Guilds)

...and then (assuming i pass!) allow me to test my own electrical work?

Cheers,

Ben

Sponsored Links
You don't need any qualifications to test, just need to be competant at it :) LABC IMHO should accept any work done to BS7671* (and yes, that includes testing!), regardless of whoever did it, however some LABC have not got the resources to check that you have installed to BS7671 sto kick up a fuss about having certain qual.s so they can just trust you without looking at it :rolleyes:

If you want to enrol on a scheme, then CG 2381 will be enough on the qualifcations front (though its rather meaningless), you'll also have to demostrate you competance with testing to the assessor

* as that is the recommended way of complying given in the approved doc...

As Adam said, you don't need any qualifications to be allowed to test, or carry out, electrical installations.

But even with those qualifications, whether your LABC will accept that you are competent to install and test is a whole different issue, and one which you must discuss with them.

And even if they do, you will still have to notify them in advance and pay their Building Notice fee for each item of notifiable work....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back