Experience wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

I'm new here so i apologise if this is in the incorrect place. Just looking for some advice and help please

I'm currently halfway through my first year on the Electrical Installation course at Sheffield College. All is goin relatively well.

However, i currently work in an office job so i'm not getting any hands on experience whether its on site or domestic work. I'm really keen to do this.

As i'm 29, it seems firms will be relunctant to take on someone of my age which is extremely frustrating. Is it just a case of me putting the word around in my area and hope someone gives me some experience on a domestic level?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Sponsored Links
see also //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=124643

you probably don't need the advice about haircuts ;)

BTW there is a chance if you approach some charities. One i am involved with (own premises) sometimes has members and supporters who are tradesmen (some retired) doing stuff FOC, and they might appreciate a willing helper. I learned about 3Ph that way.

Especially if you are fit and active and willing to scamper up ladders, crawl under floors, get dirty, etc.

Haha, i don't need to worry about a haircut. Bit short on top!!!

Your advice on the thread is spot on. I've been making a few contacts in much the way you suggest. Unfortunately no luck yet but i'm not one to give up!!

I much prefer face to face. Just trying to pool as many ideas and avenues in as possible.

Cheers pal

Especially if you are fit and active and willing to scamper up ladders, crawl under floors, get dirty, etc.

Sounds like my perfect weekend!!! Defo up for this as i know i'll be starting at the bottom. Basically i just wanna show that i'm dedicated.

Many thanks for your help John

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
you probably don't need the advice about haircuts ;)
And from a professional bikini-waxer, that's no small compliment.

Good point. best get the scrote done in case they're fussy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back