home cctv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to install a two camera system to cover the outside of my home. I've got links for kit but I was wondering if anyone here had any experiences with domestic systems and could offer any advice as to how well they worked. Curious about wireless systems as well. Are they up to scratch?. Any info or advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links

I have removed this post because you insist on typing with caps lock on, its not the first or 2nd time you have been told

Vista do some good stuff. If you can afford it. I recommend the hard drive option, rather than tapes.

Thanks for the warning on the wire-free. I had seen some kit that I liked the look of but won't go there now. I was thinking b&W as I'd heard that was better in low light. I would have to consider a seperate monitor. I can just imagine the uproar if I flicked on to the cameras while Corrers or Spongebob was on. At the minute I just want to use it to keep an eye on my property when the local yobboes are about. Saves being stood peeking through the blinds or listening at the letter-box. I suppose eventually I might want to consider recording. I gathered that tapes were not a good option. Although it's not a case of money being no object I'm prepared to pay what it takes for a decent reliable system.

Sponsored Links
ccd camers which are used mostly now a days can see very well in near low light, they can also see infra red light.

try this

if you have a camera phone (or borrow one) switch on the camera and then look at the end of a remote control while operating the remote control.

the reason you see what you do is because the camera in the phone can see infra red light which is what the remote control uses, but yet you cant see it with the naked eye

take a look at gardner security! there a wholesaler with lots of help... they say trade only but yhey will sell to public! all the best

sorry iv just noticed your not in the uk :oops:

Thanks for all the info. don't worry about my location alpha. i plan to use long cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back