Home CCTV Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to install a simple cctv system in my home. Camera, power supply and monitor/display. The camera will be looking at my front door and will be hooked up to a compatible compact display on a wall in my living room, 6" LCD or such like. Preferably colour.

I would very much appreciate any advice on suitable kit and suppliers.

Thanks

Paulbanco

Sponsored Links
google for it and take your pick.

lots to choose from, depends what you feel comfortable with

I've tried google and all the links show cameras or monitors, doesn't give me a one stop shop where I can pick a system like the one I want to install :cry:

Have you tried ebay there are loads of kits on there, but dont overpay when bidding.

Sponsored Links
my boss's husband works for a company that clears out abandoned shops. he inherited a cctv video and multiplexer from an old Courts shop. Not sure if he got a few cameras too! Cant be bad. The stuff used in shops is expensive kit. The ones at Argos etc. are dreadful (Micromark) :LOL:

If you want to record, buy a hard drive recorder that you never have to touch unless you are playing it back. We have one of those at work, its a godsend, and picture quality is much better than tapes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back