EXPERIENCED Plumber Question

WOW that's old!

I have the heating on from 5.30am - 6.50 am then back on at 3.30pm - 9.40pm. The thermo is set at 21 degrees. This temp gets the radiator hot enough for the room, though it's only climbing at about a degree an hour. I just worry that I am wasting money here.

I have calculated this uses about 3 units of gas - not much less, if any than my old bloody backboiler. This equates roughly to a winter quarter of £300.
However, the house is a lot warmer but I doubt I will see reduced winter gas bills aswell. Is this right?

I have, this evening, balanced the rads and the big one seems to be keeping a constant temperature throughout. I think I shall see how it goes and consider the re-pipe if no permanent improvement.

I would like to say a big thank you to all who have kindly posted with there advice, it has been invaluable and extremely interesting. Please keep it coming.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back