Expert advice needed on Valliant combi boiler

I note Bernie didn't answer my question the other day RE lofts in the summer and cold water cistern.

Talking of flushing. When all the relatively manky water shoots through the mains and fills all those cold water cisterns up with water who cleans them out? All those direct fed systems will be largely unaffected.

I've also fished more dead rodents out of cold water cisterns than I have Unvented cylinders.

Sponsored Links
I note Bernie didn't answer my question the other day RE lofts in the summer and cold water cistern.

I wrote "" [Legionnaires ] could develop ( breed ) in any pipe that contains luke warm water. So it will develop in any hot water pipe that has been allowed to cool down because the tap at the end hasn't been used for a few hours. But it doesn't, the secret is in the word breed, if the hot water in the cylinder was hot enough to kill any bacteria then there can be no viable bacteria in the pipe work so hence no breeding can happen when the pipe work cools down. ""

( Breed being the act of multiplying by cell division ) and to multiply there has to be at least one bacterium in the system.

When all the relatively manky water shoots through the mains and fills all those cold water cisterns up with water who cleans them out? All those direct fed systems will be largely unaffected.

Are you serious ?, Can it be true that all the relatively manky water shoots through the mains and then NEVER clogs up filters, flow sensors or plate heat exchangers. ?

Of what size, and more importantly, total heat output?
How big is the house?
What is the existing boiler?

21 radiators in the house due to extension, old boiler Aristone only 28 btu - we are fine with the water output struggle with heating.

Sponsored Links
Will the Valliant 843 give us more heating output ??

Bernie, what do you think filters are for if not to stop the mankyness entering the system? Not many found on the inlet to cold water cisterns though Bernie ;). By your standards then Bernie we can ignore all the rules and guidelines on secondary return installations. I was though, referring also to your beloved cold water cisterns sitting in nice warm lofts this time of year.... think my loft sits in the high 30's this time of year. It is one of the reasons I moved our file servers back down to the garage as they couldn't cope with the high ambient temperatures.

21 radiators in the house due to extension, old boiler Aristone only 28 btu - we are fine with the water output struggle with heating.

Have you not been advised before that there are more fundamental problems with your system than the boiler in anther thread?

Will the Valliant 843 give us more heating output ??
The Ecotec 843 has an ajustable nominal heat input for heating from 4.5Kw/h to 33.7Kw/h and is capable of delivering almost 18 litres per minute of hot water. you might need to add an external expansion vessel if your system volumn is excessive as the one fitted is only10 litres.

28 btu's? a candle has a higher output I guess you mean 28 Kw's :)

Bernie, what do you think filters are for if not to stop the mankyness entering the system? Not many found on the inlet to cold water cisterns though Bernie ;). By your standards then Bernie we can ignore all the rules and guidelines on secondary return installations. I was though, referring also to your beloved cold water cisterns sitting in nice warm lofts this time of year.... think my loft sits in the high 30's this time of year. It is one of the reasons I moved our file servers back down to the garage as they couldn't cope with the high ambient temperatures.
I am surprised they dont make a bylaw 30 kit for computers :)

An accumulator is a cold water storage tank that has to be pressurised.[/QU[/QUOTE]:censored:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back