exploding tee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody ever used an exploding tee fitting on barrel pipe. Apparently you clamp it round live barrel and tap on the centre part of the tee to tap into the pipe.

Its used where there is no means of isolation and too much aggro to drain down.

I need to tap into some barrel in a school with about 60 radiators and dont fancy draining it, the builder asked me about these exploding tees and i want to find out as much as i can before i commit myself to it.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did you speak to the builder seven days ago?

Tony

I've used them in care homes in the past. Expensive but a lot cheaper than a 60 rad drain down.

Worked very well.

Sponsored Links
Low carbon steel pipe. Frequently called gas barrel and shortened to barrel.

I need to tap into some barrel in a school with about 60 radiators and dont fancy draining it, the builder asked me about these exploding tees and i want to find out as much as i can before i commit myself to it.

Freeze it.

BSS do them I think, but I wouldn't use one. They rely on O rings to seal against the pipe and I'd really rather not have a disc of detached pipe rattling through my pumps.

Hi tony, I spoke to the builder about it yesterday, not seven days ago, why do you ask?

There's a very good machine on the market for making live tapping's, ask at Pipeline, they hire it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back