Expose of what german soldiers really knew of atrocities.

I dare say your ancestors, wherever they lived, also have a history of cruelty and violence

Perhaps, I found out recently that one was an overseer on a cotton plantation. :eek:
Though he might have been a very kind overseer for all I know. :)

Sponsored Links
I'm confused.

Did any serious historian ever hold the opinion that the it was only the SS, and that the general citizenry had no involvement?

That seems like a pretty silly thing to think.

Probably something that was seen as necessary for post war rebulding?

After WW2 the Allies tried to "deNazify" Germany and Austria, but eventually had to give up, as hardly anyone who had lived through it was untainted in some way.

I'm confused.

Did any serious historian ever hold the opinion that the it was only the SS, and that the general citizenry had no involvement?

That seems like a pretty silly thing to think.

Probably something that was seen as necessary for post war rebuilding?

But did anyone buy it?

Thinking back to my school days, I can't recall being told the citizens were not part of it, rather that whole issue was just not talked about, can't recall any discussion about it.

I've just always assumed the large part of citizenry knew about it, and either supported it, or did not actively fight it, I always assumed that was the common opinion, but it's not something I can think of anyone discussing before.

Sponsored Links
I feel, yet another apology from heads of state coming soon.
I'll start the ball rolling by apologising for Eve's behaviour in the Garden of Eden. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You could start by apologising for starving the Irish during the great famine.
Population still hasn't recovered.

My grandpa served in the B specials back in 1920. Not sure if he popped anyone, though I wouldn't be surprised. The ra tried to kill him though on two occassions that I know off.
My dad embezzeled both irish and british governments for every penny possible during his smuggling operation years. Good job the ra missed eh? :LOL:

A load of pigs travelling from south to north back in the late seventies were subsidised by a payment from the british government.
What we did was import them from south to north and claim the subsidy for several lorry load but the pigs never left the lorry as we smuggled the same pigs back south again through our border straddling property. :LOL: :LOL: Nice little earner it was. :mrgreen:
Irish customs used to joke that they recognised the pigs. :LOL:

I'm really surprised by that because my grandparents did all they could........................seventeen children :eek:

My grandpa served in the B specials back in 1920. Not sure if he popped anyone, though I wouldn't be surprised. The ra tried to kill him though on two occassions that I know off.
My dad embezzeled both irish and british governments for every penny possible during his smuggling operation years. Good job the ra missed eh? :LOL:

A load of pigs travelling from south to north back in the late seventies were subsidised by a payment from the british government.
What we did was import them from south to north and claim the subsidy for several lorry load but the pigs never left the lorry as we smuggled the same pigs back south again through our border straddling property. :LOL: :LOL: Nice little earner it was. :mrgreen:

That's not a very fair representation, it was just as much the fault of Irish landowners, and in 1843 without any railways, planes or other forms of mass transport, serious aid was not really feasible.

Atrocities continue in many areas, in many cultures, in many countries. So why bother asking for apologies for the sins of the fathers when the current situation has so many holes in it? FFS, given half the chance a fair few people in the UK would quite happily boot immigrants out to their own demise, torture, starvation and death without a second thought,

Atrocities continue in many areas, in many cultures, in many countries. So why bother asking for apologies for the sins of the fathers when the current situation has so many holes in it? FFS, given half the chance a fair few people in the UK would quite happily boot immigrants out to their own demise, torture, starvation and death without a second thought,

well true acknowledgment yes, but hand wringing no.

Atrocities continue in many areas

Quite agree. Our local councils bin collection policy is a right atrocity. And don't even get me started on the forthcoming rise in council tax, whilst they continue to cut services. ;) ;) ;)

That's not a very fair representation, it was just as much the fault of Irish landowners, and in 1843 without any railways, planes or other forms of mass transport, serious aid was not really feasible.

Ireland was actually exporting food during the famine.

Sponsored Links
Back