Bakery refuses to decorate cake for 3 year old - WHY?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I feel sorry for the children, I really do. :cry:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081217/twl-baker-no-cake-for-little-hitler-3fd0ae9.html
http://www.smh.com.au/news/specials...t-take-the-cake/2008/12/17/1229189675703.html
A US bakery has refused to decorate a three-year-old's birthday cake with his name........ Adolf Hitler Campbell.

But the little boy's father, Heath Campbell, said it was unfair of ShopRite supermarket to turn down his request. Referring to the baker's decision, he said: "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. "The kid isn't going to grow up and do what Hitler did."

But the problem does not stop there. The shop has also refused to make a cake for Mr Campbell's second child, who turns two next February. Her name is JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell. Heath and Deborah Campbell's third child will probably not get a cake from that shop either. The eight-month-old baby has been named Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, apparently a reference to one of the Nazi's most monstrous leaders, SS head Heinrich Himmler.

Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, from New Jersey, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry internet postings in response to a newspaper article of the story. "I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Mr Campbell, 35, said. "There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," he said.

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Mrs Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, Mr Campbell said.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.
:eek: Oh no, it doesn't sound like you're a racist. :rolleyes:

Mr Campbell said he named his son after Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name".
Yeah.... now why do you think that might be? A global lack of insane parents perhaps? :rolleyes:

Mr Campbell sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated. He said his ancestors were German and that he had lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II. He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically.
Was that by your non-racist parents by any chance?

But he said he would try to raise his children differently. "Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."
Yeah, his choice. Like when he changes his name to John Doe because he's sick of being picked on because he's called Adolph Hitler? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
you can be 'different' and call your child 'moon unit' or 'tiger liily'.

you can also be provocatively different and call your child 'adolf hitler' or 'pol pot' or 'idi amin'.

it does not take a genius to work out which rubs people up the wrong way now does it. :rolleyes:

Blasphemous, some people can not let a day go by without courting attention.

What do they expect, calling their kids after Nazi leaders so obviously? I have no sympathy, I really dont. I wouldn't let my staff decorate a cake with those names either. If we offered such a service.

Sponsored Links
Back