Extend Feed-and-return system with manifold/microbore?

4 Jun 2003
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello Folks,
Is it possible to do the above? My existing central heating system is a Feed-and-return type with a combi boiler. I'd like to add an additional radiator in an extension. Could I add the new radiator using a manifold and microbore or plastic pipes ?
Luan :rolleyes:
Sponsored Links
PLastic pipe is generally fine - diameter depends on load and distance.
Use 10mm Hep2o barrier pipe and just reduce of either the main 22mm or 15mm flow and return pipes with tees and reducers.
Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your replies.
The reason I am thinking of using microbore/manifold is ease of installation really. I just imagined it might be easier to run flexible or microbore pipes under the floors. But if you guys know a really easy way to add an extra radiator I'll be very grateful.
You just was gived one innit? Depends on rad size and distance though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local