Extend wiring in back box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced some old faceplates with usb style faceplates - and in one location the live wires are slightly too short. So i bought some 2.5mm cable and a 15A terminal strip but just looking for some advice if this seems appropriate? As i was unsure if i should use a 30A strip instead?

Also the there are 2live wires, 2neutral and 2earth, can i connect both live wires to 2 new live wires using one section of the terminal strip or should i keep them separate so they only meet at the back of the faceplate?

I understand its not ideal but the cable is raggled into an old lathe/plaster wall and has no give to pull further through, since the joint will be concealed within the back box then it will remain 'accessible'

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
30A strip would be preferable although 20A would do.

You can put each pair of the existing wires in a section of terminal strip with just one wire from there to the socket terminal.

Thanks for the quick reply - will pick up the 30A strip and get it sorted :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back