Extending A Double Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a double width garage built of a single skin of bricks. I would like to extend my garage, ideally upwards, by simply adding about 1m worth of bricks and then replacing the existing roof. Reason for this is to get a 4 post car lift in it as i love cars and i could store one under the other !

Obviously i need to check with the council and a structural engineer to make sure this is possible but does anyone have an idea of a rough cost to do such a thing ? Strip existing roof and trusses, add 1m of bricks, replace existing roof .....

Alternatively, i could extend the garage forwards down my drive which may be easier but would require a new roof. Also, I have things like drain inspection chambers and an actual drain in the drive. The drive slopes towards the drain obviously. My second question is, is it feasible to move drains etc if i wanted to extend forward rather than up ?

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back