Extending Cooker Point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have registered for Part P inspection witb BC.

I am happy with the doing the lighting and socket additions but have a query about moving the cooker point.

I would prefer to run a new 6mm cable from the CU but it will cause too much disruption.

Is it acceptable to use an existing cooker point extensibly as a 'junction box' for extending a 6mm cooker cable? ie By connecting the existing cooker socket 'load' cable to the 'supply' connector on the new cooker socket and then connecting the cooker to the 'load' connector on the new socket?

The original cooker point / 'junction box' would be accessible in an adjacent kitchen unit

If not I will have to buy myself some crimps and ratchet crimper.

Thanks

Martin

Sponsored Links
Yeah, but I'd crimp it out and put a blank over it.

Does the cable come from the floor? If so you could pull it back and have a surface box with a crimped junction low on the wall, at kickboard height.

Thanks for reply but existing wire comes from ceiling and the wall/old chimney - hard to explain but not easy to access.

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back