cooker / hob circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
ive installed an electric hob and an electric cooker.
the hob is 7000w, ive run 15 foot of 6mm cable from from a 30 amp switched fuse to a cooker controller then to the cooker connector and up to the hob.
7kw / 230 = 30.4 amps is this fuse rating ok.
also i have run a 2.5 mm spur cable from the ring main using a junction box, to a socket to power the cooker, is this spur ok to run a 2700w cooker.
all the cables have been plastered into wall, and i have just found out that
his kitchen is getting changed, meaning the socket outlet to power cooker will be unacessable once it is fitted. can i blank off the spare socket and then using a connector block or cooker connector extend the 2.5 mm cable to an fcu inside a cupboard to run the cooker. this would save me
chasing out the wall again.
thank you
regards

Sponsored Links
you can run the cooker from the spur (but it would have been better if you extended the ring)

you can extend almost any cable, trouble is you must leave the connection accesable

thanx breezer
i will disconnect spur and run it into ring main.
cheers m8

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back