New Cooker Circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a double oven (20 amps) and a separate hob (32 amps) I want to run a 6mm twin and earth from my consumer unit with a 45amp MCB to a junction box, then run a cable (in 6mm) from the junction box one way to a cooker outlet for the oven and another cable (in 6mm) to another cooker outlet for the hob. Both cooker outlets will have 13 amp sockets.

Would this be OK?

If not would it be OK in 10mm? Or should I just run 2 separate 6mm cables from the fuse board? (I have 2 spare slots left).

I also want to spur of the oven outlet to a 13amp socket to run the dishwasher.

Please advise.

Sponsored Links
You need an electrician.......
I am installing a double oven (20 amps) and a separate hob (32 amps) I want to run a 6mm twin and earth from my consumer unit with a 45amp MCB to a junction box, then run a cable (in 6mm) from the junction box one way to a cooker outlet for the oven and another cable (in 6mm) to another cooker outlet for the hob. Both cooker outlets will have 13 amp sockets.

Many things wrong with this plan:
1. 45amp MCB is too big for 6mm cable.
2. Why do you think you need 45amps? Did you ever hear about diversity?
3. what sort of junction box will handle 3 x 6mm conductors??
4, both appliances will NOT have 13amp sockets. You have already stated they are rated as 20 and 32amps!!!!!!

Would this be OK?
NO!!!

I also want to spur of the oven outlet to a 13amp socket to run the dishwasher.

NO!! you would need to take a spur from the ring final, not the COOKER circuit.,

The work you describe is notifiable. You need an electrician.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back