Extending cooker switch socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move a cooker switch and also a ring main spur about a meter away from where they are.
They have been put at low level in a stupid place, the wall has a shower fitting on the other side so if it ever leaked it would leak straight onto the sockets!

Can I just use junction boxes to extend them or is there a better way?

Sponsored Links
paul-doityourself said:
They have been put at low level in a stupid place, the wall has a shower fitting on the other side so if it ever leaked it would leak straight onto the sockets!
Surely the wall is watertight enough? :eek:

I think you're being paranoid. Under our shower there's about 3 lighting junction boxes. Under the bath theres a couple more. On the other side of the shower wall, against the ceiling downstairs there's the fuse box, meter and cutout. On the other side of the other shower wall, alongside the shower, there is a cable fastened to the wall which supplies power to 3 other houses, with a joint on it to supply our house.

And sticking junction boxes there instead of sockets is only serving to make the installation more complex and more to go wrong. They'd have to be accessible anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back