Extending decking up a slight slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 years ago the neighbors bought a shed that left the a part of my garden in shade and with the grass already having extremely poor drainage, moss had a field day. So last summer i bought a shed and decked over the small area to put it on. At the end of that project i noticed that the entrance of to the shed the grass had been pummeled and it was extremely muddy. I bought a slice of grass from BnQ and stuck it over it and it looked ok. But the rubbish weather and again poor drainage and sunlight it's back to being ruined.

So i'm thinking about extending the decking out, flush with the paving slabs at the back door. There are two things standing in my way at the moment. The slabs are 1&1/4 inch higher than the existing decking. So i need to take apart the shed, raise the decking, build shed again. What i need to know is how do i keep the shed roof intact through out this? I've just refelted it and i don't want to rip it off. and 2, the decking will run into the ground to be level with the paving slabs. What do i need to do here so that it doesn't rot quickly and any other problems i may run into?

The plan is eventually to go artificial grass, but i want to get really good stuff so that project is at least 18 months away and with this, i wont need as much.

Sponsored Links
Why not lay a few slabs down? Either on a gentle slope or with a small step.

I don't know what the shed roof is like but I would suggest having a large overhang and a gutter as the rain will hit the existing decking and splash the bottom of the shed, this will rot it in no time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back